- Are the courses affiliated with Ohio Golf Guide.com?
No, this web site is independently run.
- How is the information updated?
Mainly the members and visitors of the site help keep everything upto date. Many courses also visit the site will correct something that is wrong.
- What does the rating mean like 3.5/5 etc.?
When golfers submit a rating for a course it is based on a value of up to five. Five is the best and one is the worst. A course with a 3.5 average out of five, says that it nas been rated a better than average course.
- Course printable scorecards do not fit the page when printed?
Go into page setup and change all margins to the lowest possible and uncheck any extra printing like title, links, etc.
- Can I get a printed copy of the Ohio Golf Guide?
At this time there is no printed version of OhioGolfGuide.com. But, there may be one in the future.
- What do i do if i lost my password to log in to my member info?
Goto Login Page and click the "Lost Password" link and follow instructions.
- What course information is available?
There is a lot of information provided about the courses on OhioGolfGuide.com. Here is a quick breakdown of all that is available. Each course page has a menu bar at the top of each section. The menu bar has 6 main topics: Information, Scorecards,Score, Comments, Miscellaneous, and Members.
The Information options has basic course info including fees and pictures if available. The Scorecards options has scanned and text scorecards. The Scores section has the score analysis of how the course plays. In the Comments section you can read other peoples comments about the course and leave your own. In the Miscellaneous area are options to find nearby courses and stores. Finally in the Members section you can post your scores and review how you have played the course.
- NOTE: The following items may change or not be available for all courses.
- What is covered under the Information menu?
First under the Information menu options are these selections:
* General Information - here is basic couse info like phone#, architect, year build, amenities, etc.
* Course Fees - here is a listing of the what the course charges.
Please call the course to verify any fees if they seem incorrect,
as not all information is updated yearly.
* Maps & Directions - here are links to Mapquest and Yahoo to generate maps of the courses location.
* Weather Forecast - forecast for the courses zip code.
- What is available under the Comments menu option?
The Comments sections is where you can find these options:
* Course Ratings - a ratings summary of how other golfers have rating the course.
* Course Comments - view the comments about the course.
* Rate the Course - You rate the course and leave your comments for others to view.
- What is covered in the Scorecards menu?
In the Scorecards sections are these options:
* Text Scorecard - a text version of the scorecard with a chart of each tee.
* Actual Scorecard - the scanned image of the courses scorecard if available.
* Printable scorecard - a scorecard you can print and use to track your stats.
* Handicap Calculators - Course Index Calculator and Handicap Calculator
are provided to get a quick handicap for the course.
- What are the options under the Scores menu?
In the Scores sections are these options:
* Listing of all enterd scores.
* Hole by Hole Analysis - see how each hole plays in comparision to each other.
* Score Analysis - scoring summary of putts, GIRs, pars, birds, etc.
* the Players Guide - printable hole by hole listing with how each hole plays.
- What options are availbe under the Member's menu option?
Finally, these options are available for the members of Centralohiogolf.com:
* Enter a Round - post your score played on this course.
* View your Scores - list your scores from this course.
* Course Analysis - see how well you play each hole.
* Score Analysis - see how well you play this course.
* Add to Favorites - add this course to your favorites list.
* Mark Played - add course to your played list.
Note: you must register with the site to use these options.
- How does the course rating work?
Each course has a form that you can rate 6 areas of interest on a scale of 1 to 5.
There is also a page that show the results of how each course has been rated to see
what others think of the course.
Please rate all the courses that you play, so that others may get an idea of what a course is like.
Courses out rated on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 is low). The areas that are being rated are:
What is the condition of the course?
What is the condition of the greens?
What is your option of the clubhouse?
How well does the staff treat their customers?
What is your opinion of the course layout
What is your overall impression of the course?
Each question is weighted a different percent so that some are worth more than others.
The two biggest are course and greens condition.